Tuesday, January 10, 2012

For our first little sculpture project I'm thinking I want to make a sort of unwearable amulet.. or maybe a totem. Or maybe it could be construed into a fetish. I'm not entirely sure where this is going, but I do have an idea for a pretty simple cone incense burner and I think this might be a decent opportunity for me to make it. I'm thinking about making a small head that has open holes for eyes to let smoke pour out. Something similar to the pic below.





In class you mentioned something about using this blog space to share some things (like Sunn0)))) for example) I'm not sure I can cram all that low frequency buzzing into this little space, so I'll post something that isn't directly related, but for me it kind of is. After I learned about noise/drone/etc. in the Seattle area I found that local artist sometimes get Butoh dancers to accompany their noise/art performances. Butoh is a Japanese experimental performance art. I think it means "death dance", and performers sometimes utilize jarring soundscapes to help create an atmosphere of disharmony and feelings of foreboding. Here's a pretty cool clip that I found awhile ago. This guy, Imre Thormann, is apparently pretty popular in these dance circles. He's pretty talented.






No comments:

Post a Comment